Politech is the oldest Internet resource devoted to politics and technology. Launched in 1994 by Declan McCullagh, the mailing list has chronicled the growing intersection of law, culture, technology, and politics. Since 2000, so has the Politech web site.
How to Avoid Being BlogBashed, by law prof blogger Jim Maule
Previous Politech message:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Politech] Forbes runs a stunning series of articles
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:02:19 -0500
From: James Maule <Maule@law.villanova.edu>
How to Avoid Being BlogBashed:
1. Create quality products and services.
2. Sell what you advertise.
3. Make certain your products and services do what they claim to do.
4. Fully test and study your products and services before offering them
5. Disclose all risks posed to purchasers of your products and services.
6. Tell the truth.
7. Fulfill your warranty promises.
8. Don't cut corners.
9. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
10. Don't try to buy influence.
Follow those principles and the bloggers won't have any reason to bash
nor will they have anything or anyone to bash. They might even begin
singing your praises without having to be paid to do so. As for the
idiot bloggers who in turn lie, take the high road. Sue them. Don't get
down into their gutter. You'll get just as dirty.
Villanova University School of Law
Posted by Declan McCullagh on Nov 02, 2005
in category free-speech
Get a Politech feed through RSS or Atom
The Politech general information pages and
photographs are copyrighted by Declan
McCullagh. Original posts distributed to the mailing list are licensed under a Creative